Universal Viewer is a handy portable tool that lets you view a myriad of different file types all from one convenient location.
Having different types of files on your computer generally used to mean needing a separate viewer for each of them. That's not necessarily the case any longer. Programs like Universal Explorer help make viewing different files types easier, and so too does Universal Viewer.
Universal Viewer is an easy tool that enables you to open and view many kinds of files. These include text documents, MP3 music, image files and various internet documents. This simplifies the process of file viewing quite substantially. It can even handle text files that are over 4 GB in size, which is not something that other text editors are capable of. It is also available in a standard version for users who are constantly on the go.
Unfortunately, when it comes to working further with them, you may miss some more advanced tools. Universal Viewer doesn't let you alter PDF documents, for example.
Despite this, Universal Viewer is an efficient multi-format file viewer that many users will no doubt file incredibly useful, no matter where they happen to be.
- Changed: UV is now free. Pro version's features moved into separate Navigation Panel addon (Nav.exe, shareware).
- Changed: NavPanel cannot be shown in fullscreen mode.
- Added: copying progress for "Copy to folder" command.
- Fixed: saved "Footer" print option.
- Fixed: command "Send by email".
- Fixed: big RTFs loading.
- Fixed: NavPanel: opening of folder .lnk.
- Removed: "ShowStatusbarOnMedia" option.